1998 Annual Meeting of the
Botanical Society of America
2-6 August, 1998 Baltimore, MD
AWARDS OFFERED FOR PRESENTATIONS AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
Please note: Most of these are for students, but there are some for which this is not a requirement.
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND STRUCTURAL
- Katherine Esau award for outstanding presenation in developmental and structural botany by a graduate student.
Maynard F. Moseley award for student paper that best advances our understanding of the plant anatomy/morphology of vascular plants in an evolutionary context (offered jointly with the Paleobotanical Section).
- Ecological section award for best student paper and best student poster in ecology.
- Margaret Menzel award for outstanding contributed
paper in genetics.
- Isabel C. Cookson award for best contriubuted paper in paleobotany or palynology by a student.
Maynard F. Moseley award for student paper that best advances our
understanding of the plant anatomy/morphology of vascular plants in an evolutionary context (offered jointly with the Developmental and Structural Section).
- Li-Cor prize for best student presentation regardless of subdiscipline.
PTERIDOLOGICAL SECTION/AMERICAN FERN SOCIETY (AFS)
- Edgar T. Wherry award for best contributed paper in the Pteridological Section.
SYSTEMATICS SECTION/AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLANT TAXONOMISTS (ASPT)
- ASPT: George R. Cooley award for best contributed paper in plant
systematics. First authorship required; graduate students or those within 5 years of finishing their Ph. D. are eligible.
For further information on eligibility, contact the respective section program director.
To indicate that you wish to be a contestant for one or more of these awards, you should indicate this in the appropriate space on your abstract submission materials.